The ideal person would be
Qualified solicitor with 5 years PQE or more
Experience of dealing with RTA, EL/PL and CICA claims (not just RTA)
Salary would be £35k – £40k plus usual bonus.
- Having the ability to work on higher value cases
- Working to court deadlines
- Ensuring limitations dates are met
- Liaising and Reporting to insurers
- Writing letters negotiating settlements
- Issuing court proceedings
- Diary Management
- Keeping in constant touch with the clients to ensure communication and continuous workflow.
- Use of in-house case management system
- Keeping up to date with regulatory changes
- Research using internal resources
- Dealing with litigated and pre-litigated claims
- Additional skills would be looked upon more favorably
The successful candidate will have previous experience of running a complex caseload of multi-track claims within a legal practice.
- Excellent working knowledge of the CPR.
- Ability to assess quantum and liability
- Up to date RTA technical knowledge and experience with multiple orthopaedic injuries, psychiatric injuries, brain injuries and fatal accident cases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to work to deadlines. A keen eye to detail, excellent organisation skills and willingness to learn are paramount. Empathetic, compassionate with an even temperament to deal with potentially difficult situations with the ability to think logically.
IT skills such as WORD / EXCEL / OUTLOOK are essential.
Please forward CVs by return to Karen Lee at Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org