We are looking for a talented and experienced personal injury fee earner to join our team of highly experienced Lawyers based in our London City office. The successful candidate will offer assistance on caseload of catastrophic and fatal injury work, whilst also gaining valuable experience in a well-established, long standing firm.
Whether you are a legal executive or a newly qualified solicitor (ideally up to 3 yrs PQE) you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to those whose lives have been impacted by catastrophic injuries including serious orthopaedic, brain, spinal, and amputee through to fatalities. As someone continuing to build their career within this specialist area of law you will enjoy the autonomy to make decisions on cases up to £100k but also have the opportunity to assist a partner working on cases above this level, which can include those exceeding the value of £1 million.
You will be working within a friendly, sociable and incredibly supportive team with additional opportunities for enhancing your business development skills whilst working alongside our charitable partners. You can enjoy the benefits of working from home with our fantastic agile working arrangements, which are complemented by our office premises located at New London House for your days in the office.
You will also have the opportunity for some travel in order to meet with our clients face to face and a flexible approach in respect of this is welcomed.
Competencies in the following areas
- Experience and ability to work on higher value cases
- Focus on early intervention and rehabilitation
- Excellent client care skills including regular personal client contact to ensure good communication
- Proactive approach to progressing cases
- Litigation and working to court deadlines
- Ensuring limitations dates are met
- Valuating quantum and effective settlement resolution
- Use of in-house case management system
- Keeping up to date with legal and regulatory changes
- Additional skills would be looked upon more favourably
- Have completed/close to completing the LPC /CILEX (or equivalent)
- Experience within an office environment
- Experience of running low value multi track files from inception to conclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT Skills such as Word/ Outlook/ Excel
What’s in it for you?
- 22 days + 8 days bank holiday rising to 25 with length of service*
- Employee Assistant programme access
- Summer and Christmas party
- Employee events throughout the year
- Training opportunities
- Death in service*
- Cycle to work scheme*
- Referral schemes for bringing both new claims and team members
- City Centre location
- Paid Birthday day off
- Travel season ticket loans*
- Charitable day (1 days paid leave to support your favourite charity or community group.)
- Bonus scheme
- (*Subject to qualifying periods)
All queries and applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org