We are looking to recruit a Case Handler to join our Stage 1 team. The role is that of a Case Handler dealing with the initial stage of a claim and acting as a point of contact for clients and insurer clients in the Stage 1 MOJ process. The role consists of using the Ministry of Justice Portal and internal case management systems.
- Working with RTA and EL&PL matters
- Accurate data entry with the ability to input the information while speaking on the telephone to clients
- Process and analyse liability accident circumstances to determine reasonable claims.
- Submitting Claims Notification Forms via the Portal to third party insurers
- Dealing with client and other company’s telephone calls/emails.
- Considering special damage documentation
- Instructing medical experts and advising client of medical appointments
- Instructing engineers and dealing with engineers report/requesting interim payments
- Making relevant legal expense enquiries
- Dealing with liability responses
- Investigating Defendants and conducting thorough searches
- Applying relevant breaches in the CNFs
- Adhering to client service SLA’s
- Ability to keep on top of daily duties and self-manage the task given
- Knowledge of personal injury law basics
- Graduate or equivalent in Law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- A keen eye to detail, excellent organisation skills
- Willingness to learn
- Empathetic, compassionate with an even temperament to deal with potentially difficult situations
- IT skills such as WORD / EXCEL / OUTLOOK