We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced fee earner to work within our Serious Injury team at our Manchester office.
Whether you are a senior paralegal, a legal executive or a newly qualified solicitor, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to those whose lives have been impacted by catastrophic injuries including serious orthopaedic, brain, spinal, and amputee through to fatalities. As someone continuing to build their career within this specialist area of law you will enjoy the autonomy to make decisions on cases up to £100k but also have the opportunity to assist a partner working on cases above this level, which can include those exceeding the value of £1 million.
You will be working within a friendly, sociable and incredibly supportive team with additional opportunities for enhancing your business development skills whilst working alongside our charitable partners. You can enjoy the benefits of working from home with our fantastic agile working arrangements which are complemented by our bright and modern premises in Manchester for your days in the office. You will also have the opportunity for some travel in order to meet with our clients face to face and a flexible approach in respect of this is welcomed.
The role will comprise the following duties:
- Research using internal resources
- Assisting Multi-Track Solicitors on caseload
- Working to court deadlines
- Assisting with file organisation
- Drafting letters
- Drafting Court documents and other documents such as witness statements (covering liability and quantum) and Schedules of Loss.
- Drafting Directions, Case Summaries, CCMC preparations
- Dealing with instructing and liaising with cost draftsman for budgeting / billing
- Liaising with Counsel and Medical experts.
- Reviewing medical records and drafting Chronology
- Diary Management
- Use of in-house case management system
- Keeping in constant touch with the clients to ensure communication and continuous workflow.
- Maintaining awareness of the central aims of rehabilitation in cases and working to facilitate rehabilitation goals
- Maintaining awareness of the Civil Procedure Rules and their application to the Multi-Track process
- Have completed/close to completing the LPC /CILEX (or equivalent)
- Experience within an office environment
- Experience of running low value multi track files from inception to conclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT Skills such as Word/ Outlook/ Excel
What’s in it for you?
- 22 days + 8 days bank holiday rising to 25 with length of service*
- Employee Assistant programme access
- Summer and Christmas party
- Employee events throughout the year
- Training opportunities
- Death in service*
- Cycle to work scheme*
- Referral schemes for bringing both new claims and team members
- City Centre location
- Paid Birthday day off
- Travel season ticket loans*
- Charitable day (1 days paid leave to support your favourite charity or community group.)
- Bonus scheme
- (*Subject to qualifying periods)