We are looking for a talented and experienced personal injury Paralegal to join our team of highly experienced Lawyers based in our Birmingham Office. The successful candidate will offer assistance to the Multi-Track team with their high valued cases, whilst being able to gain some valuable experience in a well-established, long standing firm.
The role will comprise the following duties:
- Research using internal resources
- Assisting a Partner and Associate Partner on catastrophic and fatal personal injury cases.
- Working to court deadlines
- Assisting with file organisation
- Drafting letters of instruction
- Drafting Court documents and other documents such as witness statements (covering liability and quantum) and Schedules of Loss
- Liaising with Counsel and Medical experts.
- Reviewing medical records and drafting Chronology
- Diary Management
- Use of in-house case management system
- Keeping clients updated in a clear and empathetic manner.
- Ensuring that client’s rehabilitation and financial needs are at all times being considered and met on an ongoing basis.
- Maintaining awareness of the Civil Procedure Rules and their application to the Multi-Track process
- In the process of considering to undertake, completing or have completed the LPC
- Previous experience of working in a personal injury department.
- Experience within an office environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT Skills such as Word/ Outlook/ Excel
- Proven ability to work to deadlines