We are looking for a talented and experienced personal injury Paralegal to join our team of highly experienced Lawyers based in our London City office. The successful candidate will offer assistance on some of the highest profile and high value cases in the country, whilst also gaining valuable experience in a well-established, long standing firm.
The role will comprise the following duties:
- Research using internal resources
- Assisting a Partner and Associate Partner on catastrophic and fatal personal injury cases.
- Working to court deadlines
- Assisting with file organisation
- Drafting letters of instruction
- Drafting Court documents and other documents such as witness statements (covering liability and quantum) and Schedules of Loss
- Liaising with Counsel and Medical experts.
- Reviewing medical records and drafting Chronology
- Diary Management
- Use of in-house case management system
- Keeping clients updated in a clear and empathetic manner.
- Ensuring that client’s rehabilitation and financial needs are at all times being considered and met on an ongoing basis.
- Maintaining awareness of the Civil Procedure Rules and their application to the Multi-Track process
- In the process of considering to undertake, completing or have completed the LPC
- Previous experience of working in a personal injury department.
- Experience within an office environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT Skills such as Word/ Outlook/ Excel
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Employee Assistant programme access
- Summer and Christmas party
- Employee events throughout the year
- Training opportunities
- Death in service*
- Cycle to work scheme*
- Referral schemes for bringing both new claims and team members
- London City Centre and SE location (will need to be in London City Centre 2 days / week)
- Paid Birthday day off
- Travel season ticket loans*
- Charitable day (1 days paid leave to support your favourite charity or community group.)
- Bonus scheme
- (*Subject to qualifying periods)
All queries and applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org