We are proud to collaborate with Headway (the brain injury association) who work to improve life after brain injuries.
The partnership means that people who pass through their doors can also get rapid access to legal expertise specific to brain injuries.
Headway helps brain injury survivors come to terms with their new circumstances, re-integrate them back into family and community life and maximise their opportunities and choices.
Through its network of more than 125 groups and branches across the UK, it provides support, services and information to brain injury survivors, their families and carers, as well as to professionals in the health and legal fields.
Their objectives are:
- To increase awareness and understanding of brain injury and its consequences
- To initiate activities and campaigns which will reduce the incidence of brain injury
- To provide information and support for people with brain injuries, their relatives, carers and concerned professional people
- To promote improved approaches to brain injury screening, acute care, assessment, rehabilitation and community reintegration
- To assist people with brain injuries to return to community living, including access to appropriate accommodation, social outlets and productive activity
- To support and help to establish Headway Groups throughout the UK in furtherance of the charity’s mission statement and encourage them to address the needs of all sections of the community
Amber Braybrooke, Partner at HCC Solicitors, said:
“Sustaining a brain injury can have devastating consequences on individuals and their families. We are proud to support Headway to give people access to all the support they need following a brain injury.”
Luke Griggs, Chief Executive at Headway, said:
“HCC Solicitors are an incredible support to the association and we are hoping that the partnership will keep making a positive impact on people’s lives who are coming to terms with life changing brain injuries.”