Search our site

If you, or a family member have been seriously injured in a public place, speak to our legal
team now to get you the compensation and rehabilitation you need to get your life back on

People typically think of ‘slips and trips’ on pavements and claims brought against local
councils when they think of these kinds of ‘public liability’ claims but in reality, many more
scenarios are covered.

What kind of places have ‘public liability insurance’ ?

Local authorities and other public sector organisations such as local councils, schools and
hospitals will pay compensation under their public liability insurance policy.

Remember, local authorities pay insurance specifically to cover them for paying out
compensation in case people like you are seriously injured.

We help people who have been seriously injured in the massive variety of public spaces and
private businesses across the UK including:

● Shops, supermarkets bars and restaurants
● Leisure centres, gyms and stadiums
● Theme parks, water parks and action sports-oriented activity centres
● Car parks, driveways and gardens
● Building sites and objects falling from height
● Paths, pavements, roads and public highways

● Events, festivals, live performances and concerts

Public liability claims can be complex and challenging and it is not always easy to identify
who is at fault. This is why it is important to choose a lawyer you can trust who will keep you
in the loop. Our lawyers are straight talking and easy-going professionals with a vast
range of experiences dealing with all kinds of cases.

Is there a time limit on public liability claims?

Yes. You need to have started the legal process within three years of the injury occurring. If
your family member was under 18 at the time of the injury the three-year time limit begins
from the date of their 18th birthday.

There are a handful of exceptions to these time limits, so speak to one of our legal experts
now to start the process and get your public liability claim resolved as soon as possible.

Call us icon

Speak to one of our experts 0330 175 7770

Get in touch

Call us 24/7 on 0330 175 7770 or fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential initial consultation.

    Horwich Cohen Coghlan Limited t/a Horwich Cohen Coghlan (HCC) Solicitors a registered company in England and Wales registered number 08043633. Our registered office is Trafford House, Chester Road, Manchester, M32 0RS. We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, SRA Number 608056. Our conduct is governed by the SRA Standards and Regulations which can be accessed here: