Hospital / Home Visit
- FREE initial consultation
- Assess prospects for damages claim
- Legal Needs Assessment
In Patient Treatment
- Pre-hospital care
- Admission to major trauma unit
- Acute specialist rehabilitation
Immediate Needs Assessment
- Clinical expert report on rehabilitation needs
- HCC arrange funding
- Issued pre-discharge
- Identifies rehab needs
Expert Legal Advice
- HCC act throughout rehab delivery
pathway and claim processs
- Case manager considered
- Private treatment to support and
enhance effective NHS services
- Maximise damages
Out Patient Treatment
- Community and general rehabilitation
- Provided via local NHS services
Best Possible Recovery
1) Physical 2) Psychological 3) Vocational
NHS Costs Recovery
Our commitment to Major Trauma clients
HCC Solicitors are committed to helping seriously injured clients achieve the best possible recovery,
as well as securing the best financial settlement to provide for the future.It is widely documented that in order to achieve the best possible recovery from Major Trauma
injuries, patients must have;
- Early clinical assessment of rehabilitation and treatment requirements
- Comprehensive delivery of those requirements, avoiding gaps or delays.
Local NHS services often cannot fulfil every aspect of the required treatment, and even where they
are able to provide treatment delays can be a problem. The weeks and months following discharge
from hospital are critically particularly important to every Major Trauma patients’ recovery pathway,
and we know from experience that this is when problems with treatment delivery often occur.
HCC Solicitors will assess all potential treatment funding options at the outset, and then work
pro-actively to ensure that as many options as possible (including assistance and funding from
insurance companies) are available to Major Trauma clients following their discharge from hospital.
Our service to Major Trauma clients
- Provide a free initial consultation and opinion, to assess the prospects of accessing external funding for treatment through a legal claim.
- Where reasonable prospects exist, act for Major Trauma clients on a “no win – no fee” basis.
- Offer hospital and home visits, to ensure we understand each client’s particular needs.
- From the beginning of our involvement, prioritise optimum delivery of rehabilitation and treatment.
- Maintain this focus on rehabilitation for as long as is necessary.
- Focus on the whole person, including psychological aspects and helping clients return to work.
- Enable clients to maximise their recovery through facilitating comprehensive treatment delivery Secure the best financial settlement to help clients provide for their long-term future.
- Ensure that funding will be available to allow early clinical assessment of rehabilitation and treatment needs.
- Deliver expert advice from experienced Major Trauma lawyers whilst ensuring that clients and their families are supported with a compassionate approach.
Advantages for Major Trauma patients
- Early access to expert legal advice, with a focus on rehabilitation and treatment delivery from the outset.
- Comprehensive legal assessment at outset, to include analysis of personal financial circumstances and advice on welfare benefits where appropriate
- Delivery of an early clinical assessment of rehabilitation and treatment needs. This is vital in Major Trauma cases.
- Pro-active approach to plan ahead for funding of treatment to allow early hospital discharge.
- Maximising delivery of rehabilitation and treatment pathway, to enable a quicker and more complete recovery from injury
- Focus on physical, psychological and vocational aspects to the recovery.
Advantages for the NHS
- HCC Solicitors will work with the NHS medical staff to ensure that the rehabilitation pathway runs as smoothly as possible
- We will not seek to disrupt or displace effective NHS services – but we will help fill in any gaps or avoid damaging delays by facilitating private treatment options
- HCC Solicitors will help the NHS recover costs towards their treatment of our Major Trauma clients, through the NHS Injury Costs Recovery Scheme. This can include £796 for every day spent as an in-patient at hospital, and could potentially go up to £47,569 for each Major Trauma client.
The Major Trauma & Serious Injury team at HCC Solicitors
Mike qualified as a Solicitor in 1993 and joined Horwich Cohen Coghlan
in 2001. Mike has specialised in personal injury litigation since
qualification, and over the last 20 years the years has developed a
particular expertise in high value and complex claims.
Philippa qualified as a solicitor in 1997 and has specialised in the field of
Personal Injury ever since. She is is a member of the Association of
Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL), and has a special interest in high value
and complex injury claims.
Jane qualified as a Solicitor in 1994 and joined Horwich Cohen Coghlan in
2015, achieving Associate status 12 months later. Initially upon
qualification, Jane worked as a general civil litigator for approximately 5
years before specialising in Claimant personal injury litigation.
All the lawyers in our Major Trauma & Serious Injury Team are senior lawyers with many years of
experience in serious personal injury. Our lawyers are leading experts in their field, and are committed to
supporting Major Trauma clients on their treatment and recovery pathway.
In addition to helping Major Trauma clients make a good recovery from their injuries, we will also
make sure they get the best possible financial settlement to provide for the future.